RE: [Asrg] postings double??

2003-10-22 19:53:09
-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org]
On
Behalf Of Kee Hinckley
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 6:29 PM
To: denny(_at_)figuerres(_dot_)com
Cc: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] postings double??

At 5:18 PM -0400 10/22/03, denny  wrote:
Ok folks is it just me or.....

looks like folks are CC'ing each other and posting to the list and
the result Is with some posts I'm seeing 2 & 3 of the same message
sent to me via different paths.

That's correct (although how you get 3 I haven't a clue).  This must
come up about once a month.  Some people prefer to receive a
"courtesy copy", some people hate it.  Absent a protocol for your
email program to tell my email program which category you are in,
it's not likely to change.

What??

Ok perhaps I am dense but let try this:

The mailing list is a common place for us to exchange our comments
right?
Then reply to the list unless you want to start a "private" talk.

Looking at the header above you email'ed me directly and CC'ed the list.

If you just send it to the list I'll get a copy from the list right??
So why email me directly??

By the way IMHO the list is not sending the messages with the right
default:

The "Reply To"  should be to "the List" then you read, hit reply enter
comments and send.
Bingo everyone gets a copy and it's on the list.

IMHO the only time to directly email is to take the message out of the
list.

At least that's how I have seen serveral other lists work in the past...
And it was *MUCH* simpler.

But hey I could be wrong about this?