Re: 0. General - Spam survey [was Re: [Asrg] Help with academic research survey.]

2003-11-21 15:05:34
Markus Stumpf <maex-lists-spam-ietf-asrg(_at_)Space(_dot_)Net> wrote:
We receive enough complaints about mailinglists of customers that
are strictly double opt-in (and where I have logs that they have confirmed
per eMail) from people that "cannot remember having subscribed".
Not having enough brain or not being able to track which lists someone
has subscribed to is not a valid base for marking a message spam, IMHO.

  Going back to the protocols (rather than social issues) this problem
could be addressed by some kind of token exchange.  The difficulty
lies in desiging a system which is accountable to, and believable by
both parties.

  Alan DeKok.