Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Sender Authentication - DNS + PKI

2003-11-24 04:18:23
On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 10:06:49AM -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:
in fact, it does not specify that it must be the domain of the MTA.
Perhaps it is ok to have the domain of the author (From/Sender).

It makes me wonder why just AOL, Yahoo and Hotmail bring this proposal.
If it were a big ISP with thousands of customers all with their own
domain I'd understand. But with that crypto cookie in the header based
on a domain all I could do is either block e.g. AOL as a whole or not
block any mail from AOL at all.
So the solution is only helping THEM to reduce the spam sent into their
systems, but it doesn't help any one else if the spam is injected
via webmail*yahoo.com or *aol.com.

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299