6. Proposals - rDNS and rMX (was Re: [Asrg] Reverse DNS and mta server together, registered smtp channel)

2003-11-26 13:30:23
[Subject change per posting guidelines. Mod.]

use(_dot_)signature(_dot_)asrg(_at_)awot(_dot_)fi wrote:
Reverse MX = registered MTA.
Same idea like handling nameservers and networks.

Registered MTA together = registered smtp channel.

Full doc (roaming, dhcp, example, ...)
http://www.awot.fi/cgi-bin/textdb/browser/showfile?cust=awkoulutus&subdir=dns&doc=reverse_mx

We have tested all our customers smtp connection in last days and it works allways if sender MTA has reverse dns. Reverse domain = in-addr.arpa is also tree, so it must works ... if NS works.

That page include also shell script example which search ip's network and so it's simple to make reverse mx query. Reverse is also nice domain-tree .

Ofcource this is not full answer of spam, but I think that it's much more easier to communicate with registred nameservers and mta-servers as with all servers ...

Take a look at the LMAP, RMX, DMP, SPF proposals:

http://asrg.kavi.com/apps/group_public/documents.php?wg_abbrev=lmap

Yakov

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / PGP Key: 0x10D051E6 / www.shaftek.org