[Asrg] Re: 6. Proposals - rDNS and rMX

2003-11-27 00:45:49

Take a look at the LMAP, RMX, DMP, SPF proposals:

http://asrg.kavi.com/apps/group_public/documents.php?wg_abbrev=lmap

I have read those proposal (quickly), but if I have understood correct, all those ideas based on domain attributes and define new attributes using domain database, not real net/ip checking using reverse dns attributes as I like todo, same way as all other security / access has mostly defined, ip based priviledges. This is only worldwide "trusted ip list".

My idea is check senders ip and priviledges to use smtp, not reading protocol headers. My idea is control connection (ip) using reverse dns lookup database, not dns lookup. My proposal include also method to handle roaming mta.

Reverse dns is mostly controlled by operators and "big companies", so we have less players as in domain structure and I believe that it is easier to make "operator blacklist" as domains.

This idea is simple to add every access control level : firewall, proxies, filters, wrappers, smtp servers, ...

Or if this idea was some of those proposal, then I have missed it. That is possible, because I'm novice in english and it's heavy job to read very formally made technical data. But that is my problem :).

Proposal rMX using rDNS:
http://www.awot.fi/sf/browser/showfile?cust=awkoulutus&subdir=dns&doc=reverse_mx

We have to define some smarter as filtering/rbl controlling system using current environment and maybe some more smarter in future. Spamming is growing up too fast. This rMX+rDNS method is very easy to build up.

For our mail customers spamming is more huge problem as virus mails even we use also some spamstop methods. Virus filtering works allmost absolut (1 case / year), but spamfiltering only about 90%.

-jukka-
jukka do.t inkeri at awot do.t fi