Re: [Asrg] 0. General - Inquiry about CallerID Verification

2003-11-28 08:59:08
"Hector Santos" <winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com> wrote:
We have the CallerID Verification system now in place for at least 4-5 days.
This method has drastically reduced the spam via unverified return paths,
but practically 100%.

Am I seeing things?   Why isn't the group homing in on this method which
basically says that the return path must be valid?

  As noted in another message, a number of people *are* using this
method.

  The problem with it is that it's a band-aid.  The purpose of ASRG is
to see if there are other methods which will reduce the spam problem.
e.g. Reducing the amount of spam sent, which is very different than
reducing the amount of spam received.

  Alan DeKok.