[Asrg] Re: ASRG mailing list suggestion

2003-11-30 11:42:23
Hi,

I am going to discuss your request with John. Until then, please let the other "pull" guys know that this discussion should continue off-list.

Yakov

Brett Watson wrote:
Yakov,

There's a lot of unproductive back-and-forth about "pull systems" on the ASRG list right noe, in which most of the advocates think such things are the bee's knees, most of the sceptics think it's pointless, and most of the concepts being discussed aren't even properly shared between the opposing camps. Consequence: many words, and no progress.

I submit that a sub-group be formed with the specific charter of analysing various delivery mechanisms (pull versus push), and determine what their pros and cons are. Even if the only benefit this move has is to get the existing noise off the main list, it will have been well worth while.

Regards,
TFBW

-------
Yakov Shafranovich / asrg <at> shaftek.org
SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc. / research <at> solidmatrix.com
"One who watches the wind will never sow, and one who keeps his eyes on the clouds will never reap" (Ecclesiastes 11:4)
-------