Re: [Asrg] 0. General - For Markus

2003-12-18 19:00:46
This is getting really ridiculous here.  What/who do we have here?  Where
are the developers?   Where are the vendors?    We can't leave this to the
whims of people like you!

I made it PERFECTLY PLAIN AND CLEAR in the many messages here what steps and
add-valued functionality was added to enhanced the results.

1)  RFC 2821 compliancy test by using compliant SMTP-BASED callback on the
RETURN PATH provided by the client.

2) Add-value:  Open Relay Test

Now, the only PART that was weak about the SMTP-BASE callback was the
TIMEOUT as you saw with your system.   I need to relax it more per the
recommendation in the spec.   The CALLBACK was designed to be fast.   One or
two mishaps is should not throw the baby with the bath water.  Not when its
knocking off over 85% of the spoofing spammers!

-- Hector

----- Original Message -----
From: "Philip Miller" <millenix(_at_)zemos(_dot_)net>
To: "Hector Santos" <winserver(_dot_)support(_at_)winserver(_dot_)com>
Cc: "Anti-Spam" <asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Asrg] 0. General - For Markus

Hector,
Could you publish the exact algorithm your software is currently using to
do
return-path verification? Hopefully, this isn't some sort of trade secret.
Publishing this would make it much clearer to us what exactly it's
testing,
as I don't recall you're ever said that explicitly.

Thanks,
Philip Miller