Re: [Asrg] 0. General - ASRG Research Agenda

2004-01-07 17:52:47
On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 21:00, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
1. PROBLEM ANALYSIS.
b. Analysis of Current Solutions - inventory and analysis of current
anti-spam solutions, their weaknesses and effectiveness.
c. Analysis of Spam - analysis of persistent patterns in spam and
spammer behavior that can be used to improve existing and propose
new solutions.

I've been working on some spam analysis (along with testing of current
solutions) lately. I'll be releasing my findings as weekly and monthly
reports. New reports will be announced at:

        http://db.org/spam/

So far I have data for 4 weeks, available at:

        http://db.org/spam/weekly/2004/01/
        http://db.org/spam/weekly/2003/52/
        http://db.org/spam/weekly/2003/51/
        http://db.org/spam/weekly/2003/50/

This is still work in progress, so any feedback will be appreciated.
Please direct comments not relevant to the ASRG to me personally or
even better, join the /Origin of Spam/ mailing list.

        Bob

--
-=[ B. Johannessen | bob(_at_)db(_dot_)org -=- http://db.org/ | +4797152009 ]=-
-=[ Mail & Spam - News, Drafts & Standards - http://db.org/blog/ ]=-