RE: [Asrg] LMAP BOF - risk of BGP attacks compromising LMAP is si gnificant

2004-02-10 18:44:11

If this threat any worse than all of the possibly threats
against DNS?

Far worse in that it brings down large parts of the Internet in
the worst case - for real.

The probability of it being realized is lower, the consequences
are much higher.

If it is on the same level, than we should just mention both in the
discussion document. That should be sufficient.

As for solutions, it might be something that the routing
folks need to
deal with. I am not sure if we have the mandate or the
expertise to deal
with it.

It is not our problem. But there is no point in the IETF as a
common forum if we do not raise it and solicit advice.