Re: [Asrg] Patrik Fältström 's mailflow chart

2004-02-20 08:06:33
Bruce Lilly wrote:
Also on the other hand, the chart omits some detail that is critical to
some discussions.  For example, there have been some recent...

By my understanding of the mailflow chart there are no "bounce" scenarios at
all; only what you might call "forward delivery". You'd have to make the
chart significantly more complex to show the bounce cases, especially given
the instances of forwarding and envelope rewriting. Not to mention complexity
introduced by the lack of essential relationship between the sender and the
bounce address (at the core of so many of our problems).

Regards,
TFBW