[Asrg] RE: 2a .BCP - Handling Trojaned machines

2004-03-01 16:34:39

under a restricted access account, chances are he will be running
Windows with administrative access and Outlook or Outlook Express.
Nothing against Microsoft, but statistically most desktops in the world
run Windows. Chances are that the use is stupid enough to click on the
MyDoom virus in his inbox. At this point the virus has full
administrative access to his machine.

Micro$ofts security model is so badly broken that it is nigh impossible for
a regular user to set up his machine in anything other than Administrative
access

If you don't registry access is blocked to most programs and they die, often
horribly.

I gave up securing a M$2000 machine because all her programs broke.

I now regularly clean the machine from virus's and I hope I have convinced
her to stop using Kazaa

trojans are here to stay!

It would also be fair to say that we could solve spam overnight by outlawing
Micro$oft bloatware (TIC)

Regards
Chris

OT

Microsofts biggest problem is the registry. A great idea that went horribly
wrong. They have invested so much into it they won't change it.