Re: [Asrg] 2a .BCP - Handling Trojaned machines

2004-03-01 21:54:41
Dr. Jeffrey Race wrote:
On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 18:11:12 -0500, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:

In regards to this specific method, we are currently looking for volunteers to write a BCP on this and other methods of dealing with hijacked machines from the originating network's point of view

It's done already :)

<http://www.camblab.com/misc/univ_std.txt> based upon

  <http://www.camblab.com/nugget/spam_03.pdf>

Jeffrey,

Its a good document but what I had been thinking of is a BCP for specific measures such as detecting mail spikes and queing the mail, rate limiting, etc. in combination with a document such as the one you wrote. Your document defines general policy guidelines which are good, but we would still need a set of BCPs documentating the best current practices that are used by ISPs today for this purpose.

Yakov