[Asrg] Re: Asrg digest, Vol 1 #563 - 3 msgs

2004-03-17 15:08:26

Ken?

        A proposal for an accreditation mechanism is attached. This proposal
is based on the earlier RBL scheme proposed by Vixie, and designed to be
compatible with CallerID. I will submit as an ID later on today.

        Basically the scheme returns an A record in response to a lookup. So
in order for example.com to announce that it is accredited by the class3 service of verisign the SPF or CallerID record would contain the tripple:

        "accreditation" "class3.verisign.com""DNS-A"

How does this differ from IADB? It sounds identical, although I'm sure that it must not be.

http://www.isipp.com/iadb.php
http://www.isipp.com/iadbquery.php

See also:

http://www.isipp.com/codelist.php