Re: [Asrg] Its all over for Challenge Response

2004-03-30 16:31:40
Jon Kyme responds:
This is all getting silly.
Numbers?
Actual exploit?

I say:
Does anyone still seriously doubt that spamming miscreants are using
third
party computers as their web, mail and DNS hosts? Jon? This is not a new
phenomenon anymore.

[many links snipped]

The point was about paying for puzzle solving with porn views.
I'm still unaware of the existence of an exploit or a good discussion of
the economics.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just currently in the realm of theory.

I whole-heartedly agree with you when you say:
Any anti-spam proposal (particularly those that
propose
a cost-burden to the sender) should take this fact into >consideration.

We see many variations of "sender-pays" and "proof-of-work" which make
unwarranted assumptions about how "costs" impact miscreants.