Re: [Asrg] spf

2004-03-30 22:42:34
On 3/27/2004 4:09 AM, spharion(_at_)directnet(_dot_)com(_dot_)br sent forth electrons to convey:

this is a tentative option to spf, but does not
seem to break forwarding:

http://nucleo.freeservers.com/mba/

have fun. gone, ricardo.

Interesting idea with probably fatal flaws.
Maintaining a dynamic database is much harder than a static one, but that's a minor issue. SPF allows mail to be authorized from servers that the domain in question doesn't trust to do anything more than not spam. This proposal would require they be able to alter the database on the DNS server! Tricky. E.g. I could set my SPF record to allow mail.panix.com to send email as elvey.com. But then panix.com has to be willing and able to alter the elvey.com dns servers, and they have to be willing and able to allow it. And I don't control either set of servers enough to make 'em do that.
Seems to me more effort than SRS/VERP, with approximately the same result.
All a domain's DNS servers have to be constantly syncing. How would that happen?