Re: [Asrg] Re: Usefulness of wholesale blocking of attachments for SMTP? (various)

2004-04-19 13:15:13
gep2(_at_)terabites(_dot_)com wrote:
Again, I'll respond to several comments together (and with a lot of snipping).

Once you identify the "real" machine where the transmission occurred, more
likely than not it will turn out to be a zombie-infected spambot. So you get

to throw bricks at a fellow victim.

No, not a fellow victim; a negligent abuse-enabler

Perhaps, but they're still victims too.

True. But victim or not, I _cannot_ afford to let a provably insecure source continue to spew malware or spam at our users.

If there are real users on that machine, our inline rejection notices will tell them how to get their problem fixed.