Re: [Asrg] Re: Usefulness of wholesale blocking of attachments for SMTP? (various)

2004-04-19 20:45:33
gep2(_at_)terabites(_dot_)com wrote:
However, if you want to take a shot at it and write up a BCP document as
a short Internet draft, go ahead. There is definatly a good use of some attachment blocking such as .EXE files.

It's important to understand that my scheme DOES NOT REQUIRE any kind of "official standard" (and in fact, there are advantages to there NOT being a single implementation of the concept net-wide). The way it's implemented can actually be a nice "product differentiation" feature of application software vendors offering E-mail clients or antispam filtering products. This is actually another good advantage of my approach.

I wasn't calling for an "official standard" only a document :) If you are convinced that your idea is good, than write it up and promote it!

Yakov