Re: [Asrg] News: Postini patents the relay server?

2004-05-03 12:37:49
I work with Postini every day. 7 days a week vending the solution to customers.

I do not believe the patent can even closely be tied to a patent on the notion of a relay. What the patent does cover is processing, not relaying, at an intermediate point, prior to delivery. Reading the patent, not responding to this explanation is your best bet to decide if the patent has merit.

My job is to protect users and organizations from SPAM in a constructive manner, not interpret the merit of the patent or patent law in general.

Kindest,

Lane

Sauer, Damon wrote:

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material.  Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from all computers."  113

Lane Sharman
Providing Private and SPAM-Free Email
http://www.opendoors.com