Re: [Asrg] News: Postini patents the relay server?

2004-05-03 14:32:03
On 03/05/04 11:56 -0700, Lane Sharman wrote:
I work with Postini every day. 7 days a week vending the solution to
customers.

I do not believe the patent can even closely be tied to a patent on the
notion of a relay. What the patent does cover is processing, not
relaying, at an intermediate point, prior to delivery. Reading the
"Processing at an intermediate point" also covers a server acting as an
application level gateway filtering on content.

patent, not responding to this explanation is your best bet to decide if
the patent has merit.

My job is to protect users and organizations from SPAM in a constructive
manner, not interpret the merit of the patent or patent law in general.
Protecting users from canned meat? :)
Please respect Hormel's trademark.

Devdas Bhagat