Re: [Asrg] Are we allowed to extend the SMTP protocol?

2004-05-10 19:56:15
At 9:31 PM -0400 5/10/04, der Mouse wrote:
I received two copies of the list message, differing most notably in
their From: headers:

 From: Bill Cole <grsa(_at_)billmail(_dot_)scconsult(_dot_)com>
 From: Bill Cole
<grsa(_at_)vbillmail(_dot_)scconsult(_dot_)com(_dot_)cnri(_dot_)reston(_dot_)va(_dot_)us>

Perhaps someone is looping list mail back, mangling the From:?

No, I mangled the From myself early today, and have no idea how the one with the errant 'v' ever made it to the list at all, much less with that wild additional domain added. My only guess is some resolver/nameserver combo somewhere that tacks on a cnri.reston.va.us to every query and has a wildcard in that zone.

--
Bill Cole
bill(_at_)scconsult(_dot_)com