Re: [Asrg] Re: 3. Proof-of-work analysis

2004-05-19 15:36:32

I'm still amazed that anyone takes this proof-of-work/hashcash stuff
seriously.

At best it's the "War Games" approach, let's make the server play
tic-tac-toe with itself to avoid nuclear holocaust, or the Bill
Shatner logical paradox that makes the robot's head blow up.

The Sphinx's riddle also comes to mind, works better for supernatural
beings however.

I realize the defense of the dumbest ideas is always that any
criticism can be represented as rudeness, ``how rude of you not to see
the brilliance of my ideas!'', so one goes on and on anyhow but I
wonder if there's any way to disabuse this nonsense once and for all,
particularly in the minds of those who think it's a good idea?

In the words of someone famous whose name I'll leave out of this: This
idea isn't right, why, it isn't even wrong!

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs(_at_)TheWorld(_dot_)com           |
http://www.TheWorld.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*