Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system

2005-01-08 23:26:53
"Michael Kaplan" <mkaplansolution(_at_)lycos(_dot_)com> wrote:

What happens if a
Nigerian spammer outfit offers 0.1 cent per bounce processing, and
keeps a record of these bounce messages, reads each CAPTCHA and
compiles a clean set of email addresses which are guaranteed to accept
spam messages?

In the critique section of my webpage I detail how tremendously
costly this would be for spammers.

I think you misunderstood.  The market rate for bounce processing is
.1 cent.  The Nigerian spammer outfit offers bounce processing for
.099 cents.  Unbeknownst to their customers, they also steal the
deliverable email addresses.  Now they're getting those addresses for
.001 cent each, or actually just making less profit than their
competitors.

Seth