Re: [Asrg] Please critique my anti-spam system

2005-01-08 22:15:10
On Jan 8, 2005, at 23:50, Michael Kaplan wrote:
An email service provider that has accommodated my system will treat a fake bounce just like an erroneous bounce. The bounce white list will only allow in bounces coming from an address that the user had emailed within the past few hours. The fake bounce will never be seen, ergo the spammer would have no incentive
to fake a bounce.

If some system is down, the message may not reach its destination -- and thus a legitimate bounce may not be sent -- for a few days. It varies by system configuration. I'd recommend keeping the entries for maybe a week.

Ken