RE: [Asrg] SBC Blocks Port 25

2005-01-15 09:07:15
Here's the funny. I had a friend of mine who is a DSL engineer at SBC call
me about his mail server not able to accept connections from his friends on
port 25 just yesterday. I figured he would have known about this...

I just added the alternate port 587 and now his SBC dsl user friends can
connect.

-Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Bill Cole
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 9:50 PM
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] SBC Blocks Port 25

At 12:53 AM +0200 1/15/05, Gadi Evron  imposed structure on a
stream of electrons, yielding:
Another one bites the dust? This hit FD a bit back.

It seems to be more press release than reality. I still see dozens of
attempts to send me mail from SBC dynamically assigned addresses
every day.

--
Bill Cole
bill(_at_)scconsult(_dot_)com