Re: [Asrg] draft-irtf-asrg-dnsbl-02.txt

2005-12-08 18:55:16
A) I think that draft is very misguided in several ways, much like
others have mentioned here.

Now I'm completely confused.  Are we sure we're talking about the same
document?  The one under discussion describes the technical way that
DNSBLs and DNSWLs work.  It most definitely absolutely does not
address policy questions of what addresses should or should not be in
any particular list other than the trivial suggestion that there be a
test entry for 127.0.0.2.  The policy advice will be in the BCP, a
separate document which someone else is working on.

As far as the names go, for people who've forgotten, here's what it
says:

   The standard term is now DNS Blacklist or Blocklist, or DNSBL.
   Some people also publish DNS-based whitelists or DNSWLs.

R's,
John