[Asrg] Re: Country numbers

2005-12-11 17:41:48
Walter Dnes wrote:

The beautiful part about variable-return DNSbls is that they
allow me to filter umpteen countries *WITH JUST ONE DNS
LOOKUP*.

If you know exactly what you're doing:  It would be strange
if you send mails (incl. potentially abusive mail or abuse
reports) to "them" while blocking their abuse reports or their
replies to your reports.

I'm in the "if you send mails to me, then you must also accept
abuse reports from me using essentially the same route" camp.

A Return-Path is a Return-Path is a Return-Path, as stated in
3934 and 821.  Maybe the "bounces-to" crowd would also agree
that sending MAIL FROM x to y while blocking mails from y to x
is utter dubious, but better ask them.

If you don't block mail to postmaster@ / abuse@ that point is
probably moot.  Another issue with blocking countries by IP is
of course the quality of the used list.  For some IP ranges it
is difficult to get this right.  217.0.0.0/8 is one case where
you might be in for surprises.
                              Bye, Frank