[Asrg] Re: Email service assumptions and making system-wide changes

2006-01-16 14:29:33
Dave Crocker wrote in <asrg.ietf.org>:

 <http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.asrg/11194>
Some of the above is predictably redundant with
<http://www.cisco.com/web/about/ac123/ac147/archived_issues/ipj_8-4/anti-spam_efforts.html>.

Hard to predict, because I didn't know this article, only one
of its diagrams now saying ADMD instead of AU was a déja-vu.

| A common simplification for this model is to use it only
| between boundary MTAs, but this considerable constraint is
| not specified in SPF.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schlitt-spf-classic#section-9.5
discusses this constraint, and in section 9.3 you find many
considerations for the one less obvious case.

It's probably unnecessary to mention here that I consider the
1123 5.3.6(a) concept as broken by design, in stark contrast
to the same idea in 821 when source routes still existed.  Bye