[Asrg] Re: The thin end of the wedge? SPF Thoughts

2006-02-08 03:04:55
Douglas Campbell:
The other interesting article at the site was on how America was
apparently winning the war on spam.  SPAM rates are down according to
the BBC, and they stated that many Americans are growing accustomed to
spam as a minor nuisance, not enough to make them give up e-mail.  As a
thermometer for Americans, I know the BBC to be flawed.

It think it's worth mentioning that the BBC article you mention is
*reporting* on the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) report - which you could
read here:
http://www.ftc.gov/reports/canspam05/051220canspamrpt.pdf

Maybe that's suitable as a "thermometer". I couldn't possibly say.

FWIW, it looks like the US is still the No.1 spam-relaying country:
http://www.sophos.com/pressoffice/news/articles/2006/01/dirtdozjan05.html

Rgds,
JRK