Re: [Asrg] ASRG session at IETF

2006-02-22 21:28:19
How would one register?

One would visit the top-secret web site at www.ietf.org and look for
the word "Dallas" on the home page.  Then one might be somewhat
dismayed when one saw how much the registration fee is these days.

* Interfaces to reputation systems

the Tagging standard could be used to define a standard way to include
reputation data in e-mail headers

Maybe I'm dense, but why would anyone care about alleged reputation
data that a sender included in his own headers?  It only makes sense
for recipients to check reputations of incoming mail.

* Investigating the effects of DKIM and similar technology.  Not just
  "stopping forgery" but how will it affect the way people think about
  mail.

Do we even have a solid baseline for the way people think about e-mail now?

Interesting question.  Some of the Pew studies would be a good place
to start.

R's,
John