Re: [Asrg] Re: DNSBL BCP v.2.0

2007-02-09 16:13:20
I'm not sure what the discussion about zone transfers is all about.  I
don't think many DNSBLS support real DNS zone transfers anymore.

Until recently, MAPS distributed its DNSBLs by AXFR and IXFR.  If you
happen to have a DNS server that does IXFR, it's not a bad way to do
DNS updates.  If you don't (like me), AXFR is dreadful.

MAPS recently changed their setup and now tell me just to query their
servers via a long name that includes a hash of my account number,
which I do via a funky local cache that reformats the data on the fly
into something easier for my mail servers to use.  I don't know of
anyone who distributes DNSBLs other than by rsync or FTP of files of
CIDR ranges.

R's,
John