Re: [Asrg] draft-irtf-asrg-bcp-blacklists draft updated.

2008-06-05 12:52:22
My (apparently incorrect) reading of the accountability passage was
that it was intended to impact legal blame assignment, rather than to
rant about human nature. (BCP for humanity:  Humans SHOULD NOT behave
as idiots)

The IETF does not in general make legal statements.  These assertions
are about network management.

Are there any liability lawyers reading this? Perhaps one might comment.

Gee I hope not.  Every country is different, but in the US where I
live there is strong statutory protection for good faith blocking of
offensive material which courts have generally interpreted to protect
all sorts of filtering.

R's,
John