Re: [Asrg] On assertions

2008-07-29 10:33:40
There seems to be considerable interest in making assertions about
the mail behavior of domains.  The simplest useful assertion is
probably "we send no mail", but we've seen at least three different
variations on that, including SPF -all, the MX 0 . proposal, and
attempts to shoehorn it into SSP/ADSP.

I thought "MX 0 ." asserted not "we send no mail" but rather "we
receive no mail".  (Of course, as far as receivers are concerned,
either one may lead to rejection of mail, but that doesn't make them
the same thing.)

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                mouse(_at_)rodents-montreal(_dot_)org