Re: [Asrg] Minutes of ASRG at IETF 72

2008-08-04 19:20:43
John Levine wrote:
Here's my draft of the minutes. If I missed something, please send corrections.

R's,
John

------------------------
ASRG Session (1 hour)
Wednesday afternoon session II, 1510-1610

* Review DNSBL RFC

We agreed to make the never-to-appear test entry in domain based BLS
INVALID rather than TEST.  Suggestion to take out localpart.domain
mapped email addresses which aren't widely used and are potentially
messy due if localparts contain unusual characters.

We didn't resolve the question of IPv6 test entries, maybe will
reserve some new addresses, or use the mapped IPv4 addresses.  We will
look for some v6 experts for advice and also to review the draft.

* Final look at DNSBL BCP.  Should be last call, only editorial nits since
  last time.

Current content is OK per consensus.  Some suggestions that it should
also give advice to receivers, e.g., check regularly to ensure lists
are still active and don't use the ones that aren't.

Don't we have to change the RHSBL test entry to agree with yours?

It might make sense to do this as a separate document rather than
delay the existing one, or it might be better to have one BCP to hand
out, even if it takes another month or two to finish it.

I thought we already had something about periodic testing. We can put a sentence in for that methinks.