Re: [Asrg] DKIM role?

2008-11-19 07:17:58
but all MTA's send NDR, this is part of their role? or should we stop that?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rich Kulawiec" <rsk(_at_)gsp(_dot_)org>
To: "Anti-Spam Research Group - IRTF" <asrg(_at_)irtf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Thursday, 20 November, 2008 12:13:00 AM (GMT+1200) Auto-Detected
Subject: Re: [Asrg] DKIM role?

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 06:05:17PM +1200, Franck Martin wrote:
In fact the only thing that dkim is bringing with certainty, is that you can
send replies to the enveloppe, if you have classifed the e-mail as spam,
found a virus, etc..

But you shouldn't do this (send replies), for multiple reasons. First,
at a strategic level, anything that generates still *more* mail traffic
when we already have way too much seems like a bad idea. (This is one
of many problems with C/R and SAV s well.) And at a tactical level,
what would be the point? There's no way to know that such a reply will
ever be seen by the end user whose system has been zombied, and even if
they *do* see it, it's very unlikely they'll understand it, believe it,
and take effective action.

---Rsk