Re: [Asrg] ASRG progress?

2008-12-02 13:13:25
At 09:33 02-12-2008, Dave CROCKER wrote:
As nearly as I can tell, all of this latest flurry of discussion on the ASRG has been exploring topics that have been explored repeatedly elsewhere, consuming (and wasting) much energy, with no useful results.

It's about the same level of discussion as in 2003.

Perhaps I've missed the productive output.

So I thought I'd ask:

Since this is supposed to be a "research" group, what has been studied that is new?

We're in the middle of a long discussion about ePostage with nothing substantive except for the pointer to a paper provided by Bart.

What new avenues have been suggested that have (or look likely to) develop group consensus as promising?

I personally don't see any group consensus on the topics under discussion.

     What has been learned?

If the two sides cannot have a reasonable discussion, the "research" group will end up the same way as before.

Regards,
-sm

P.S. Can we avoid analogies as most, if not all, of the subscribers to this list have a good understanding of email?