Re: [Asrg] About that e-postage draft [POSTAGE]

2009-02-11 21:45:08
  "Banks" would be compensated by debiting a customer account more
than the amount of ePostage issued and/or crediting a customer
account less than the amount redeemed. Or, perhaps there would be a
per-transaction fee (in the thousandths of cents, presumably). I
see no role for IETF in saying which model a "bank" uses.

So "thousandths of cents" doesn't seem realistic language when
discussing a per-transaction fee.

I did a similar calculation for my white paper, and even a penny a
message isn't enough, particularly if you have to budget for large
numbers of spams with fake or duplicate postage that will require most
of the work of verifying a real stamp, but provide no revenue.

I hear that a lot of research involves models.  Perhaps a model of
where the money will have to go would be useful.

R's,
John