Re: DNS over SCTP

2009-05-29 10:35:09
 In your previous mail you wrote:

   Shouldn't be difficult. I'm not much into either technology, but since
   SCTP can be tunneled through UDP, it should be possible to retrofit
   SCTP adoption onto an existing DNS implementation. On an OS that
   provides SCTP natively, a module inserted between the DNS daemon and
   its UDP sockets may operate the UDP/SCTP conversion when the remote
   hosts support it.

=> I don't understand your argument: it seems to apply to UDP over SCTP
but here we have SCTP over UDP. BTW the easiest way to convert DNS over
UDP into DNS over SCTP is to use an ALG (application layer gateway)
which in the DNS is known as a caching server (such servers are already
used to provide IPv4/IPv6 transport conversion).

Regards

Francis(_dot_)Dupont(_at_)fdupont(_dot_)fr