Re: [Asrg] What are the IPs that sends mail for a domain?

2009-06-16 19:03:50
John Levine wrote:
How do I find if I have blocked the domain from sending to my server.
Meaning, knowing the
domain name of the sender, how do I find the IPs from where the mail could
be sent from. It
seems that SPF is the only tool to provide that answer?

Unless you have previous mail from the domain, I would agree SPF is your best
bet.

   I would also add that if your e-mail is important, having good
logging on your server
   of when the domain or ip was blocked can help speed up rectifying the
problem.

   Yes, it's after the block occurred - but so was the complaint.