Re: [Asrg] "email templates" for sale

2009-10-28 11:12:51
some time ago I suggested a template-filling SMTP extension and nobody
on ASRG thought that would be a useful idea. Of course the consumers
of the template product advertised in the message below will be
passing filled templates to their outbound MTAs, and bandwidth is not
their limiting factor, but anyway I feel validated.

People have been selling mail templates for years.  There's even a
version of qmail that fills in templates as the mail is sent.  They're
quite useful but there's no need to change SMTP to handle them.

R's,
John