Re: [Asrg] Adding a spam button to MUAs

2010-02-02 18:30:00
On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 12:01 AM, ram <ram(_at_)netcore(_dot_)co(_dot_)in> wrote:

The MUA must also have proper time outs so as to cut-off malicious fbl urls

And any sort of FBL-via-MUA process should be opt-in, as well.
Checking only for a signature means bad guys signing mail can direct
where the feedback goes when you hit "this is spam." That data could
be misused to confirm email addresses, telling a spammer "we got a
live one" and making the email address worth selling.

Come to think of it, I don't think this should be core MUA
functionality. Even though I work for an ESP and would want the
feedback, I see too much opportunity for abuse. I'd rather see
third-party "report spam" plugins wherein that third party can make
the determination on where and whether or not to route a report. If
that third party doesn't trust or know about the sender, a report
would hopefully not be sent.

Regards,
Al Iverson