Re: [Asrg] What can we expect MUAs to do?

2010-02-08 12:11:08

On Feb 8, 2010, at 9:47 AM, der Mouse wrote:

* Create and render MIME.
(No, you don't get to call yourself an MUA if you can't do that today).

Lrrfu, who died and made _you_ god of what constitutes an MUA?!

In particular, this redefinition leaves us with no term for software
that interfaces between the mail system and a user but doesn't jump
through your hoops.  Would you care to fix that, or would you rather
blinker yourself by pretending such software doesn't exist?

It doesn't exist in any way relevant to this conversation, which is
the provision of TiS buttons to end user MUAs.

While there are end user MUAs that are in reasonably widespread use
that do not support POP3 or do not support IMAP or do not store
mail messages locally  I don't believe there are any end user MUAs used by
any relevant user demographic that do not support MIME to a reasonable
extent.

Cheers,
  Steve