Re: [Asrg] Consensus Call - submission via posting (was Re: Iteration #3)

2010-02-09 13:10:09
Dave CROCKER wrote:

My reading was that the group appeared to converge on using regular posting for submitting a report.

But perhaps the presence of rough consensus needs to be determined explicitly.

Would folks please respond to the list with their preference:

     Reports should be submitted using a mechanisms that:

     [1]  Is the same as for submitting regular new mail, that is, normal
          posting.  (Determination of the address to send to is a separate
          issue.)

[2] Is specific to the mechanism for retrieving the message for which a
          report is being submitted.  (The details of such mechanisms is a
          separate issue.)

Well, I haven't had enough time to read and think about all messages... Sorry !

IMHO, [2] allows easier handling of reports but [1] is more general.

But I (and surely others) have another requirement. It could be interesting to use this mechanism in an active learning context. That means, user can receive the message flagged as "label required". So the feedback should include the information : ham/spam.

Regards,

JM