Re: [Asrg] Summary/outline of why the junk button idea is pre-failed

2010-03-02 13:28:38
On 3/2/2010 1:48 PM, Barry Shein wrote:
Practically all the spam-button reports we get from AOL are just
attempts to unsubscribe to some mailing list they subscribed to.

Which, if we spec "ARF" works out just fine, because the list unsubscribe headers will be in the report if the report recipient chooses to apply them.

Anyhow, they've repurposed the spam button to mean the "stuff I don't
want" button, for whatever whim of "I don't want" which suits them.

And why not?

There's no feedback on the feedback.

That's _not_ the business nor the burden of a feedback _format_ specification.

Receivers have ample opportunity to apply feedback and other heuristics, automated or otherwise.

Most already do.  Spamcop does.  We do.

No one has the time or inclination to say "that wasn't spam, you're
just trying to unsub a list, you're abusing the anti-abuse feature!"

The ISPs have a bazillion man-years experience with TiS. Do you not think they've gotten that figured out?