Re: [Asrg] Summary/outline of why the junk button idea is pre-failed

2010-03-04 08:50:05
On 3/4/2010 9:16 AM, Paul Russell wrote:
On 3/4/2010 08:59, Dennis Dayman wrote:
Interesting article

http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=123574

The author is not interested in reducing or eliminating spam; he simply wants
tools to validate his delusion that his spam is not spam.

I wouldn't be quite so harsh. But... He completely glosses over a number of fundamental differences between 1-to-many _marketing_ and what is essentially bidirectional communications (eg: facebook), both technical and social, not the least being that the marketer has an enormous and irresistible incentive to cheat - as they already do (eg: bogus "testimonials" etc).

And furthermore, if they did implement a TINS that actually functioned (FSVOF), I think they'd be very disappointed by the turnout.