Re: [Asrg] Please take a look at the blacklist BCP draft

2010-10-30 17:16:21
On 10/29/2010 8:24 PM, Lewis, Chris (CAR:W669) wrote:

One simple alteration we could consider would be to remove the ", and
RECOMMENDED ... not be used" section of the last sentence.

As a FYI, I asked SORBS - SORBS dropped their (charitable donation) "fine" with the deployment of SORBSv2 about three weeks ago, and Michelle would be fine with a "MUST NOT" instead of dithering with not "RECOMMENDED".

Which pushes only (AFAIK) UCEPROTECT into the cold. Which I think would be fine with many...

There's been an argument raised that UCEPROTECT's is only an "speed up removal" fee. Frankly, that still flies in the face of the "timely removal" language/intent in the BCP, still smells atrocious, and doesn't sway me.

So I'm suggesting recasting it as "MUST NOT charge fees".