Re: [Asrg] Rough consensus on pay to delist

2011-02-27 19:10:38
John Levine <johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com> wrote:

I'm seeing no support at all for "Claus'" contention that we should
change the language about pay to delist in DNSBL practices draft.

   I'm afraid I must disagree with John Levine's call of consensus. :^(

If anyone else agrees that we should change it, please say so now,
otherwise I think we will consider the discussion over.

   I do see rough consensus that charging for de-listing is a bad idea;
but that's not what the current text says.

   I have previously expressed discomfort with the language, because
even if I think the UCEPROTECT practice is a bad idea, it would not
follow that charging for a manual operation is always bad, nor would
it follow that manual operations should be discouraged.

   With Claus now claiming that this business model actually works,
I am even more uncomfortable saying it MUST NOT be used.

   It seems to me that, although the flame-content is higher than I
would wish, useful information _is_ being exchanged here, and further
discussion is warranted.

--
John Leslie <john(_at_)jlc(_dot_)net>