Re: [Asrg] Microsoft takes over British Telecom

2011-10-21 12:08:01

On Oct 21, 2011, at 8:41 AM, t.petch wrote:

Well, I would prefer an alternative explanation, for why all my IRTF (and
IETF)
e-mail now shows 'SPF fail' because it has come to my ISP (British Telecom)
from
157.55.224.141,
and ARIN WHOIS lists 157.55.224.141 as an address allocated to Microsoft,
which
is not listed as a permitted sender for irtf.org.

BT have outsourced their email handling (for btconnect.com) to Microsoft, and
SPF is being checked at an inappropriate point in the internal handoff.

The bigger issue is that you shouldn't care about SPF failing. An SPF pass
provides somewhat useful data, an SPF fail means absolutely nothing.

Cheers,
  Steve