Re: [Asrg] How will we manage IPv6 spam?

2012-08-17 20:41:02
I would not expect to accept any IPv6 mail until users come forward to show
me that
they wish to correspond with MTAs that have no IPv4 connection ability. While
this may
happen in the fullness of time, I don't expect it soon. Now and for the
foreseeable
future such a system would have very little connectivity, far less than a
blacklisted
spam source.

I agree that it will be a while before there is any worthwhile mail
that can't be delivered over IPv4.  But Comcast and Gmail already do
mail over IPv6, and other big providers are likely to add it this
year.  If you have any v6 mail connectivity at all, you will start
to get real mail over it.

So it would be nice, what with the ASRG's charter to do, you know,
research, if we started thinking now about how to manage spam over
V6 rather than sticking our fingers in our ears.

R's,
John