Re: [Asrg] DNSBL and IPv6

2012-10-19 17:42:04
What I feel needs to happen is that policy needs to put in place to RIRs
(via ISPs) can present "what is a customer" on a network level, and then
this information can be put into DNS somehow, and used for DNSBL.

Yeah, I've been talking to people on and off about this for over a
year.  Even though providers can lie about their allocation
granularity, most won't, and the ones that lie would probably merit
total blocking anyway.

A customer allocation can be anywhere from a /56 to a /64, and I
expect we'll see hosting companies with a /64 per rack or per VM host,
so you'll have different customers within the same /64.

So, uh, anyone interested in doing simulations of how this sort of
stuff would work with various DNSBL designs?  I have access to IPv4
mailstream connection data we can use to calibrate it.

R's,
John